Saturday, April 3, 2010

Further Rumination Has Revealed...

Opportunity.

Me and a classmate were considering establishing a consultant business in the Emergency Management field. Part of it is, as always, putting yourself in the right place at the right time. Certain markets are ripe for consultant work. This province is not one of them- private buildings are running to the McDonald's version of EM- security companies using students for 13$/hr, working them to the bone till they quit, or tossing them once the flow of contracts (necessitated by changes in legislation) dries up.

Like any good capitalist, the wheels are turning in my head. I mean, sure, they're helped along by an energy drink and a healthy dose of slivovitz, but the wheels are a turnin'. I can feel the Great Chain of Industry in my hands, almost.

I think anyone who reads this blog would do themselves a favour if they played Bioshock awhile. How's Mr. Ryan put it?

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

Deschain

1 comment:

  1. Good luck my friend.

    Interesting times create interesting opportunities-the interest in not dying in an emergency has spiked in the past few years.

    ReplyDelete